In the meantime please feel free to order your meals via email when you book your stay at SiloStay and we will sort them out for your arrival.
SiloStay Apartments are set up for self catering to eat in, should you visit and cast the worlds worries assunder. Each apartment contains a kitchenette with a small fridge, microwave and 2 element cooktop – perfect for preparing your evening meal.
We have a fine selection of gourmet microwave meals (see below) to choose from if you wish to dine in, and not leave you SiloCocoon.
Make your selection with your booking and your meals will be prepared fresh for you that day and ready when you check in to SiloStay.
Your dine-in SiloGourmet meal is served up in the adjacent microwavable dishes and is ready for you in the fridge prior to your arrival.
Akaroa Smoked Salmon Frittata
Hot smoked Akaroa Salmon in a blend of eggs, cream, feta, cream cheese, zucchini and potato served with aioli.
Ham and Cheese Puff
A delightful blend of eggs and yoghurt filled with ham, spring onion and cheese.
A delicate blend of spinach, ricotta cheese & egg with roasted tomato and toasted pinenuts.
Luscious greens topped with grated parmesan cheese and drizzled with a mild curry vinaigrette.
Freshly baked Ciabatta
The Little River Hotel
The Little River Hotel offers a classic old-fashioned kiwi pub counter meal menu, and is located just 5 minutes drive or a pleasant 20 minutes walk on the Rail Trail from SiloStay. This is heartland, kiwi 'couture', full of old-fashioned kiwis, and reveals the core of kiwi culture.
Their menu has the following items available:
- Soup of the Day - $8.00
- Toasted Bread - $14.00
- Salad of the Day - $15.00
- Gourmet Nachos - $18.00
- Bangers & Mash - $18.00
- 300g Rib Eye - $27.00
- Beer-Battered Blue Cod - $24.00
- LRFC (Little River Fried Chicken) Burger - $18.00
- LRFC(Little River Fried Chicken) Meal - $18.00
- Roast Pork - $20.00
- Cheesecake of the Day - $10.00
- Ice Cream Sundae - $10.00
- Chocolate Brownie - $10.00
- LRFC (Little River Fried Chicken) - $10.00
- Fish Bites - $10.00
- Mini Hot Dogs - $10.00
- Beef Nachos - $10.00
- Fries - $5.00
- Pig & Cheese Wedges - $12.00
- Hillyers Pies - $6.00
- Chilli Beef Cheesy Nachos - $15.00
- LRFC (Little River Fried Chicken) - $12.00
- Grubs Mixed Platter - $16.00
More evening dine-out options
Located just 10 minutes drive from Little River, the Hilltop has a reputation for great food & live music, and is situated with primo views over Akaroa Harbour with its unique volcanic vent Onawe. Safe transport available should you imbibe. Please check their webpage for their opening hours-especially during winter months.
Akaroa – approx 30 minutes drive
Takeaway meals, delicious cabinet food, gourmet salads & soups
- Tomato, Coriander & Lentil
- Roasted Hazelnut & Jerusalem Artichoke.
- Creamy Cauliflower & Horseradish
- Leek & Potato
- Moroccan Harira
- Broccoli with a Tahini & Lemon Drizzle & a pinenut za’atar